With Nick Jr. The Backyardigans, kids will have learning adventures as big as their imagination. As they play, they'll learn critical skills for being ready for school. Kids will explore the Frozen North to find a Yeti, help a pirate find its treasure, use pattern-matching to help a cowboy cross a canyon and find hidden items on the beach.
- Explore rivers, canyons and other destinations of your imagination with the Backyardigans!
- Jump on the logs with the correct letters to help Austin the Pirate reach where X marks the spot.
- Learn about shapes and patterns as you help your friends cross a canyon.
- Listen for a number, find the matching tumbleweed and help Pablo and Tyrone hop aboard to cross the desert.
- Teaches letters, phonics skills, matching skills, pattern recognition and counting to 100.
Parents need to know that this Leapster game is based on the popular Nickelodeon TV show of the same name. This product is chock full of animated movies (much like those seen on TV) that introduce each game and congratulate players as they complete each activity. Expect kids to be watching as much as they are playing; the movies can't be paused. While the company targets children as young as age 4, this software is best for 5- and 6-year-olds because one math game expects children to recognize numbers up to 99. 3 out of 5 from the Parents, Most of the teenagers knows the review of the game is all 5 out of 5 but some of the teenagers think it's a very lame game which is a 2 out of 5 ratings.
Uniqua | Pablo | Tyrone | Tasha | Austin